Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shopping


I just got back from my first trip to the supermercato (three guesses what that means…oh, cognates, I love you). It was adventure all its own.


First, the supermarket was packed! And the Italians drive their carts like they drive their cars, so I was in perpetual danger of getting run over. Then, I made a shopping faux pax when I touched the fruit with my bare hands. Apparently, even when you only touch your own fruit (shut up, Laurel, that is not an innuendo), you have to wear a plastic glove. Fortunately, I had Nonnno (grandpa) to guide me – he’s awesome.

Speaking of his greatness, he stopped me from buying red wine vinegar. Ends up, he makes his own, and wow, is it good. I could drink that stuff right out of the bottle. But I won’t, because I have real wine waiting for me in the kitchen.


Check out this fridge. Who can be unhappy with a refrigerator that looks like this? Also, out of frame is my huge bowl of fresh fruit. Apples, bananas, and pears, oh my!


I also bought a flower plant. I think it was my mom who taught me that it’s nice to be surrounded by living stuff. Doesn’t it match the tablecloth wonderfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment