Friday, March 13, 2009

Italian Grandmas Living Up to the Expectations

I walked up the stairs to my apartment this afternoon to find Nonna waiting at her door. “Sei bella!” (you are beautiful) she told me, then stuck a jar of fresh, hot, homemade ragu into my hands.

I love Italian grandmas.

The second day I was here, she comes down the stairs sporting a Reds Baseball sweatshirt! She had never even read it! What are the odds?! [She won’t allow me to take a picture of her in the sweatshirt, to my continuing despair].

[One day, Nonna…one day…]

3 comments:

  1. hah! wtf?!?! that's crazy. how did she even get that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows! English print on shirts and hats and such are very popular, so she might have just bought it because she liked the sweatshirt. But my jaw dropped open when I saw it. Of all the sports teams in all the world....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!!! I bet mom liked that

    ReplyDelete