Friday, March 27, 2009

Interesting Things in Numbers

1. I miss when I was a kid and falling down on the ground was fun. I think that’s one of the great things about acting – it allows you to still think falling on the ground is fun.

2. I wore all black the other day…with brown shoes. I’m assimilating.

3. I’m buying a guitar on Monday! Luca is taking me to Parma to find an inexpensive acoustic to last me while I’m in Italy. I’m very excited – Pamela has a classical guitar, which means I’m always playing, but I’m so frustrated with the constraints of a classical guitar. (When Laurel and I are next in the same country, we’re starting a band….I don’t know if she knows this yet.)

4. Life Rule #16: No matter good an artist you are, no matter how close you think you are to a person, always ask before drawing them naked, clutching only their national flag, and then showing it to the entire town.

5. I think I’m going to cut my hair. Long hair was fun, but I’m bored with it. And I need to re-dye it, but I’m not certain what color – everyone here has natural, gorgeous dark hair, so I’m not certain I want to go dark as per usual.

6. The Italians generally have two buttons to choose from when you go to flush the toilet. One is smaller and uses less water – for those easy flushes. I think this is a great way to conserve water!

7. What’s the point of disciplining a child for hitting someone by hitting said child? This is what one of Filippo’s friend’s parents do, and it makes me angry – especially when that child is hitting Filippo.

8. I’m about four days behind on my blog; there are posts a-coming. These include posts on Italian tv, Italian music and Italian holidays, as well as my trip to Tuscany. Interesting, right? Stay tuned!

9. My life in Italy is nothing like what I imagined. In all honesty, I can’t stop laughing. Which leads me to point #10….

10. I really like it here. Pamela told me again today how thankful she is that I’m here and how they got lucky with me. But for me, I feel like I totally lucked out with this family – they are welcoming and warm, speak English, are intelligent and just plain wonderful. I am entirely confident that I can happily spend a year here.

1 comment:

  1. paper journal. check! thanks for the advice :) i leave so soon, i'm not all packed yet- all of my stuff is in a pile. i haven't put my mind around it yet that i'm going so far away... i guess it will kick in when i do the 30 hrs of traveling. eek! you keep writing and i'll keep reading! love u!

    ReplyDelete