Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Future Adventures

Next month, I am going to Morocco! Charlotte will be done teaching in France and is going to do a bit of traveling, so she and I are taking off for a truly foreign experience. After three days in Morocco, we’re flying back into Italy so I can make proper introduction (Charlotte, Italy. Italy, Charlotte). I don’t think it needs to be said how excited I am to travel with the Charlotte, but I’m also very excited to have her see my world here in Italy. I’ll write all about it.

In the more immediate future, I’m making some awesome Easter (Pasqua) plans with Tata Ali. We’re heading to Mantua (Mantova) on Saturday for sight-seeing and shopping (in only of the window variety) and then doing something awesome involving non-Italian food on Sunday. Allison bought me a travel guide on Mantua, which was so sweet of her.

Also as far as future adventures are concerned, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about what I’m going to do after this Italian adventure has concluded. I’ve been keeping some ideas on the backburner for some time, such as working on an international cruise ship (with Charlotte), moving to New Zealand for a few months on a Holiday Work Visa (where Charlotte might be working), or going back to school. Now I’m expanding my options. I’m seeing that the people I admire most are those who really help others and understanding that I’m not going to be satisfied with an unrewarding job. So maybe I’ll look into actually working (*gasp* that sounds vaguely adult). Also, I was thinking – college is about 90% less expensive in Europe. Maybe I can extend my adventures in Europe and get a master’s degree while I’m at it.

I ran across this op-ed article called The End of Philosophy on The New York Times Web site today, and loved it. It's short, give it a gander.

1 comment:

  1. Hey if you get your Master's there, we can definitely see each other (probably more often than we would if you got it in the States). I'll be going to Germany in 2011. For a couple of months anyways.

    ReplyDelete